Return to Home Page
Welcome to The Ozella Burns Billingsley Home Page
Descendants of Ozella Burns
Generation No. 1
1. OZELLA7 BURNS (ROBERT HIRAM6, WILLIAM M.5, HIRAM4, JAMES BURNS3 JR, JOHN BURNS2 SR, JOHN HENRICH1 BURNS) was born July 16, 1889 in Columbus, Ar. Howard Co., and died July 10, 1929 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. She married JOHN C. BILLINGSLEY October 10, 1906 in Emmet Ar.. He was born November 17, 1882 in Okolona, Ar., and died May 07, 1975 in Gurdon Ar., Clark County.
More About OZELLA BURNS:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery, Garland County
More About JOHN C. BILLINGSLEY:
Occupation: Engineer Mo, Pacific Railroad
More About JOHN BILLINGSLEY and OZELLA BURNS:
Marriage: October 10, 1906, Emmet Ar.
Children of OZELLA BURNS and JOHN BILLINGSLEY are:
2. i. JOHN CECIL8 BILLINGSLEY, b. Pvt. , Emmet, AR; d. February 03, 1968, Newberry, South Carolina.
3. ii. THELMA OZELLA BILLINGSLEY, b. February 10, 1912, Amity, Arkansas, Clark Co.; d. March 30, 2003, Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN CECIL8 BILLINGSLEY (OZELLA7 BURNS, ROBERT HIRAM6, WILLIAM M.5, HIRAM4, JAMES BURNS3 JR, JOHN BURNS2 SR, JOHN HENRICH1 BURNS) was born October 22, 1908 in Emmet, AR, and died February 03, 1961 in Newberry, South Carolina. He married WAVA SHANKS December 24, 1934 in Taylorsville, Mississippi. She was born April 07, 1910.
Notes for JOHN CECIL BILLINGSLEY:
The following newspaper article dated, January. 24.1963 is part the Clara Sybil Burns scrape book.
Capt. John C. Billingsley
Brigadier General Billingsley
Retires with 34 Years Service
Brigadier General John C. Billingsley has been placed on the retired list of the South Carolina Army National Guard after 34 years service, 30 months of that time overseas in World War II. Billingsley, a native of Hope, Arkansas, is a son of John Billingsley, and is a brother of Mrs. Thelma Jackson, both of Gurdon.
Billingsley's decorations include the American Defense Service Medal, the American Campaign Medal, the European African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with bronze arrowhead devise and three battle stars, the World War Victory Medal, the Armed Forces Reserve Medal, and the Italian Cross.
As a civilian he has been a forester with United States Forest Service, and now operates his own business as a forestry consultant at Newberry, South Carolina.
More About JOHN BILLINGSLEY and WAVA SHANKS:
Marriage: December 24, 1934, Taylorsville, Mississippi
Child of JOHN BILLINGSLEY and WAVA SHANKS is:
i. JOHN C.9 BILLINGSLEY, b. March 31.
3. THELMA OZELLA8 BILLINGSLEY (OZELLA7 BURNS, ROBERT HIRAM6, WILLIAM M.5, HIRAM4, JAMES BURNS3 JR, JOHN BURNS2 SR, JOHN HENRICH1 BURNS) was born February 10, 1912 in Amity, Arkansas, Clark Co., and died March 30, 2003 in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. She married DICK JACKSON December 20, 1936 in Little Rock, Arkansas. He was born October 15, 1897, and died January 01, 1988 in Gurdon Arkansas, Clark County.
Notes for THELMA OZELLA BILLINGSLEY:
Thelma "Pat" Jackson, age 91 of Gurdon died Sunday March 30, 2003. She was the administrator for The Gurdon hospital, a graduate of the School of Nursing at St. Joseph's Regional Hospital and a member the Beech Street Baptist church.
She was preceded in death by her husband Dick Jackson. Survivors include, Son: John Jackson and wife, Mary Lou of Sanford, N. C. Grandson: Jay Jackson and wife, Jennifer of Holly Springs. N, C. Great-grandson: Gracie Aunts: Aleene King and Ruth McWherter of Hot Springs and a special nephew Paul W. Jackson and wife Sue, of North Little.
More About DICK JACKSON and THELMA BILLINGSLEY:
Marriage: December 20, 1936, Little Rock, Arkansas
Dick Jackson served as Mayor of Gurdon for 40 years and also served two terms as county judge.
Children of THELMA BILLINGSLEY and DICK JACKSON are:
i. SUE ELLEN9 JACKSON, b. October 23, 1937; d. April 19, 1982, Gurdon AR., Clark County.
ii. JOHN HAMILTON JACKSON, b. Ptv. m. MARY LOU DAVIS, September 17, 1967; b. September 17, 1941.
More About JOHN JACKSON and MARY DAVIS:
Marriage: September 17, 1967
John and Mary Lou Jackson live in Sandford, North Carolina. John Jackson is an attorney with The Yarborough Law Firm located in Fayetteville, NC. He earned his law degree from the University of Arkansas . Mary Lou works as school teacher.
Posted by Robert E. Reynolds
E-mail address email@example.com
2003-copyright The information posted on the Reynolds' Family Web Page may be used for non-commercial, historical, and genealogical purposes. It can be freely downloaded by researchers and those interested in our family history. It can not be used otherwise without my written permission. When using this material, make mention of this web site as your reference.